The end of 2020 is a scary phrase, a combination of the mind-boggling fact that it’s already mid-October and I can in fact think about the end of the year and the tiny niggling part of my mind that is a tad concerned that 2020 just won’t end. I’ve read a lot of amazing books over the year (and I’m sure I’ll read several more over the next three months) but there are also a lot of books that arrived on my TBR in 2020 (or, more worryingly, 2019) and won’t have left it by 2021.
So, I’ve put together a list of 10 books that I absolutely will read by the end of the year. They’re all books I was really excited for when I first got them but for one reason or another never got round to reading. Some I started and put down without finishing, some have a huge amount of hype and I’m afraid to be disappointed, and a couple more I just haven’t been in the mood for. But, I am putting it in writing that I will read these 10 books before the end of 2020:
1. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
2. The Island Child by Molly Aitken
3. The Sisters Grimm by Menna van Praag
4. The Wayward Girls by Amanda Mason
5. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
7. The Accidental Love Letter by Olivia Beirne
8. The Library of the Unwritten by A.J. Hackwith
9. Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez
10. History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
Let me know that I am not alone and tell me what books you’ve been meaning to read for months (or years, I won’t judge) and still haven’t got round to yet.